Tuesday, May 8, 2012

monday.

Too busy to eat (which never happens to me!) kind of week...

We're getting so many beautiful things in the store this week in preparation of Mother's Day shoppers, and it just feels like Christmas every time a box of inventory arrives!  Look how great these Petunia Picklebottom diaper bags are!  You can't even tell most of them are diaper bags, and I really want one for myself...or three...or all of them...I just can't decide which one I should shoplift from myself!!

And we have so many more, too!!  My youngest is almost a year old.  I know I don't really need any more diaper bags.  These are just so delicious!

Another bright spot today?  Little Dylie..."Hi Dylan.  Do you want to sit with me."  "Me Baby Cakes."  Oops!  I might have overused that nickname a little bit :)

And Callie who warmed the bench for her lacrosse teammates for most of her first season of lacrosse in high school...She was played tonight and scored her first goal ever!  I was there, and my eyes welled with tears.  Why do moms cry when they're proud of their kids?  Well, maybe not all moms...but I do.  I literally cry all the way through dance recitals.  No matter how terrible they are dancing to "Animal Crackers," I cry.  Soccer games.  Piano recitals.  Graduations.  I'll need a whole box of tissue when Cory reads her salutatorian speech at high school graduation.

I'm wondering about something before I finally wrap up this long day...Mike and I have been noticing that people are nicer to Kensie when she is dressed nicely and wears hair clips and headbands.  It sounds so silly.  Babies are always cute, right?  But she alwsys seems to be a little cuter in everyone's eyes when she's dolled up.  Mike thinks I need to make it an advertising campaign for the store...Shop at [big box store], have plain, boring child.  Shop at Baby Vie, have Glamour Child everyone will love!!!  Are we crazy, or does it work for babies the way it works for the rest of us?  The better groomed, better dressed people are perceived as, well, better somehow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment